Klamath Blue Green Algae
Klamath Blue Green Algae® is a wild and organic blue green algae that is harvested from the high-mineral crystal waters of Upper Klamath Lake, in the North-Western American state of Oregon. It's botanical name is Afanazomenon Flos-Aquae, and is collected using a unique floating harvester, engineered with state-of-the-art screening and refrigeration systems. The algae is then cool-dried using a gentle drying system to maintain nutritional integrity, and also concentrating its goodness by up to 20 times. Each and every batch is then lab tested to ensure purity before the algae is packed either straight into jars, or in vegan capsules and tablets.
This blue green algae has received wide mainstream media attention: Newsweek magazine reported that this wild wholefood from Upper Klamath Lake is one of the fastest growing items in the health food market; and it has been described in the British press as the greenfood supplement of choice by various high-profile personalities such as Jennifer Aniston, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.
While vitamin and mineral supplements have become heavily promoted for nearly a half-century, wild greenfoods such as Klamath blue green algae are becoming important components of leading-edge nutritional regimes as we find that wholefood nutrients are far better aborbed and utlized by the body than sythetically concentrated and isolated nutritional extracts. This is why many natural healthcare practitioners - including physicians, naturopaths, homeopaths, acupuncturists and chiropractors - are using The Really Healthy Company's algae as part of their patients' nutritional regimes.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae® grows wild in a highly mineralized lake in the US state of Oregon in the North West of the country.
- The algae is cool-air dried to retain enzymatic/nutritional integrity. This also concentrate its goodness, increasing its nutritional value by as much as 20x.
- KBG Algae is one of the only vegetarian sources of vitamin B12, providing 133% of the RDA.
- It contains 60% high quality protein.
- Highest beta-carotene content per gram of any food - a provitamin that boosts the immune system and scavenges free radicals that can cause oxidative damage in the body.
- Richest known source of chlorophyll, which can help our bodies in cell regeneration, blood purification and general detoxification.
- Its high nutrient content and low calorie count (4 calories per gram) make it compatible with weight-loss programs.
- Enzyme active for complete and easy absorption.
- Full spectrum of trace minerals.
- Source of fatty acids and nucleic acids.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae is a brand that is toxin-free due to unique filtering and processing systems used by its harvesters.
- The algae can grow very quickly and in great abundance, which means that the harvesting of it does not adversely affect the Klamath Lake eco system.
For a full nutritional breakdown, please see tables below, but bear in mind that as a wild product the composition naturally varies slightly from year to year:
|Klamath Blue Green Algae® Analysis||Unit Of Measure||Analysis Result|
|Macro Nutrients & Chemical Composition|
|Calcium Pantothenate||mcg/1 g||12|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5)||mg/100g||160|
|Essential Amino Acids|
|Non-essential Amino Acids|
|Fatty Acid Profile|
|Oleic Acid (C18:1n9)||g/100g||0.06|
|Elaidic Acid (C18: 1n 9 trans)||g/100g||0.17|
|Petroselinic Acid (C18: 1n12)||g/100g||0.01|
|Vaccenic Acid (C18: 1n7)||g/100g||0.01|
|Transvaccenic Acid (C18: In 7 trans)||g/100g||0.04|
|Linolenic Acid (C18:3n3)||g/100g||0.83|
|Linoelaidic Acid (C18: 2n6 trans)||g/100g||0.01|
|Gamma-Linolenic Acid (C18: 3n6)||g/100g||0.73|
|Nonadecanoic Acid (C19: In 12)||g/100g||0.01|
|Eicosenoic Acid (C20: 1n15)||g/100g||0.01|
|Eicosenoic Acid (C20: 1n12)||g/100g||0.01|
|Gondonic Acid (C20: 1n9)||g/100g||0.01|
|Cis-11, 14-Eicosadienoic Acid||g/100g||0.01|
|Eicosatrienoic Acid (C20: 3n3)||g/100g||0.01|
|Homo-Gamma-Linolenic Acid (C20: 3n6)||g/100g||0.01|
|Cis-5, 8, 11, 14, 17- Eicosapentaenoic Acid||g/100g||0.01|
|Docosadienoic Acid (C22: 2n6)||g/100g||0.01|
|Docosatrienoic Acid (C22: 3n3)||g/100g||0.01|
|Docosatetraenoic Acid (C22: 4n6)||g/100g||0.01|
|Docosapentenoic Acid(C22: 5n3)||g/100g||0.01|
|Docosahexenoic Acid (C22: 6n3)||g/100g||0.01|
|Nevonic Acid (C24: 1n9)||g/100g||0.01|
|Palmitoleic Acid (C16: 1n 7)||g/100g||0.05|
|Standard Plate Count||CFU/gm||<100,000|
|Yeast & Mold||CFU/gm||<500|
|SOD Unit Equivalents||per gram||1,728|
|* Please note that any level reported as less than (<) indicates a result of non-Detect at the level tested. The test level is indicated. Actual values are either below or zero.|
|** Please also note that this profile is specifically for the Klamath Blue Green Algae brand of blue green algae from Upper Klamath Lake in Oregon. Because harvesting and drying can significantly alter the profile, this data is brand specific.|
|*** Klamath Blue Green Algae is a wild-grown wholefood and as such as a very wide spectrum of nutrients in various naturally low concentrations. These natural nutrient contentrations make the nutrients in this product hightly absorpable, effective and safe, unlike the unnatural concentrations and forms of isolated nutrients found in standard nutritional supplements.|